Friday, October 15, 2010

As Vinnie Sees it- Week 6 Vince Vitale



Last week (5) - I blew it!! I used up Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne
against the undefeated Chiefs. The Chiefs shutdown the Colts and held them
without a passing touchdown. I knew last week was a good week to pick on the Rams or take a David Gerard or Joe Flacco but I did not. Now I will really have to scramble to find points. The good news is I was still able to score
74 points thanks to 18 from kicker Josh Scobee, who says kickers don't matter. Those 74 points actually allowed me to move from 10th to 9th overall in the Blogger/Celebrity/Expert League. It is already tough finding good
running back match-ups and we are only 5 weeks into the season. This league forces you to find and use 34 different running backs. I still want to stay in the top 10 but not use all of the top talent. This week I am going to
roll out Vince Young and hope for a double digit effort and some running yards against the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Jags have allowed 12 passing TDs already. At running back I am not happy with the match-ups but I am going to take Rashard Mendenhall against the Cleveland Browns who have not allowed a rushing TD this season! With Big Ben back I think Rashard will pound the rock and hopefully get a TD on the ground. My other back will be LaDainian Tomlinson. I really want to play him at home but he looks to be a good play at Denver. LT is the best running back I have seen this year. He looks super quick and has always been a TD machine. I like Matt Forte against Seattle but the Seahawks are playing great against the run holding backs to 2.8 yards per carry so we are going to save him for a rainy day. At WR I am going to go with the red hot Malcom Floyd, there is no way the St. Louis Rams can matchup with him. On the other side I am going with Hakeem Nicks, you just have to pick on teams in this league and it is time to pick on the Lions again since the Bills are off this week. At TE we are going to roll out Vernon Davis against the Raiders. If the 49ers ever needed a win it is now against their cross town rival the Oakland Raiders. The Raiders are near the bottom of NFL pass defense and Davis should be Alex Smith's number 1 target this week. At kicker we are going to go with Neil Rackers of the Houston Texans against the Kansas City Chiefs. The Texans always score a lot of points and the Chiefs defense is playing very tough forcing the Colts to kick 4 field goals last week. We would like to see more of the same this week. Check in next week to see if my selections paid off.

By Stlvinnie - http://www.stlouisramfan.com/

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home