Saturday, November 20, 2010

As Vinnie Sees it - Week 11 Vince Vitale



After getting 92 points last week I moved into 8th place out of 36 in the celebrity blogger league, and I look to move further up the food chain this week. After a huge week by Jon Kitna last week he looks like a solid choice against the Detroit Lions this week. Well as Lee Corso would say not so fast my friend. While I think Kitna is a good play this week I still have Drew Brees available and he is my choice. Brees and the Saints will be coming off a bye week and playing the Seattle Seahawks. Brees has at least one TD pass in every game this season and multiple TD passes in his last 5 games. I like Brees for at least 15 fantasy points in this one. At the running back position I have used most of the big named stars but I still have a couple that will both be at home this week. I will roll out LeSean McCoy against the New York Giants, and Steven Jackson against the Atlanta Falcons. McCoy usually gets about 100 total yards and you just have to hope for a TD. Michael Vick will be under pressure from the Giants so I look for some quick swing passes to McCoy to help my totals. Steven Jackson is the bell cow of the St. Louis Rams offense. Jackson has topped 100 total yards in 6 of his 9 games played but he is still having trouble finding the end zone. I like the fact that Steven finally got some balls (8) out of the back field last week and I look for the Rams to continue to throw him the ball this week. At wide receiver I still have Terrell Owens, and Dez Bryant left to play so I am going for it. Owens has easily been the Cincinnati Bengals best player this year, and it also allows me to pick on the Buffalo Bills which I try to do weekly. My other favorite to pick on is the Detroit Lions. Jon Kitna fell in love with Dez Bryant last week so I am hoping that connection stays hot this week. Jason Witten will be my tight end. Witten should get dump off passes from Kitna, and I also believe he will have a good chance to score since the Lions have been burned by a lot of tight ends this year. Two weeks in a row I have only gotten four points from my kicker and that is just not good enough in a contest of this caliber. I am pulling out the big gun this week and going with Rob Bironas who is one of the top kickers selected each week around the fantasy universe. I really could use a 10+ point game from my kicker to get me back into this game. Check in next week to see if my selections paid off.

By Stlvinnie - http://www.stlouisramfan.com/

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home